Pages

Tuesday 24 July 2012

Preparation

I have always thought preparation is very important, but for long I was not very good at it. Come what may, hurray spontaneity! In many cases it is better to start from a blank page, be open, to be able to ask your questions with honest curiosity, really don’t know what to expect. But after conducting dozens of interviews and client meetings you just get used to prepare and form some assumptions and stereotypes.
I know someone from my childhood, she said she amuses herself by trying to make up all possible scenarios of an event, the good, the better, the worst. She is quite creative, so no disillusionment. Also no surprises… J Although I am quite sure she had some despite all the brainwork.
Now I find myself making plans and todo lists, put down my ideas, start writing a blog… Sometimes I may seem worrying too much, I’ve just got a light feedback from a friend as I asked circa 15 questions regarding a weekend program. J
Anyways, in terms of getting to know yourself better, I have always found it useful to say expectations out loud, write down ideas, than forget into the action and afterwards compare the result, the experience, the emotions with presumptions. It is easy to gain a lotof joy and revelation this way. Aha-experience – aha, ahha, ahhhhhaaaaaa! J
And there are times I feel like I don’t need any expectations, it just kills intimacy. As does documentation to any buzz or experience. This is for instance why I don”t like taking pictures, in the zoo I like to watch the animals and not a camera objective. But I like to check the pictures later. Now a ‘photographer’ found me and took a snapshot of me.
Now I feel like a celebrity a bit, questions are coming from every direction in the late few weeks, I don’t even understand why… J (sarchasm) But now! I have been interviewed! One of my friends – I hope I can say that- was touched about my crazy idea and story very much a few days ago, and she just pings me on chat from Finland that she has an idea. She is Móni Csapó. Now after all this time it is hard to tell how we know each other, once we had a few beer and great talk in ELTE Holdudvar, and we have a common friend very close to both of us. I have recently asked her some technical questions about blogging, as she already has a nice one here:  Pack Your Luggage blog – recommended by me. J
And know we are in an inspirational spiral, all questions and answers and positive energy flowing around us. The point is, that besides my little writings here on the blog, she will also have an interview column – or a few posts in her blog in English with me. So this is it!
And this interest of hers, gave me a lot, I couldn’t stop research and reading on the topic and answering to her questions going deep in the night. Here you can read the interview, how she sees me, and connects to my path:
Thank you a lot, Móni! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment